come and go


The scheduled time of my departure from Cebu to Manila was at 5:30 pm, . As usual, i am expecting an announcement that there will be some delays of the flight - indeed there was. And so it was moved from 5:30 to 6:00 pm, but we actually took off from Mactan Airport at exactly 6:30 pm ( i got used to it). For a few minutes upon taking off, i looked at the beautiful airial view of cebu with its grandeur display 0f street lights - and the rest was like a boring isolation in a pressurized jet flying thousands of feet above. All you have to do was to read the smile magazine prepared for the passengers (which didn't make me smile at all). If not, you can lay down a bit the back rest of the chair and sleep - which i did. i was awakened by the announcement of the captain that we are already in the vicinity of manila and that we are about to land in few minutes time. We landed at NAIA terminal 3 at 7:32 pm., I'm back in Manila - my Community Integration has just ended.
My three months stay in Escalante City is over. i had a great time in the place, meeting people of all walks of life, relating to them, sharing life itself - one of the many reasons why there is a certain heavy feeling in my heart leaving the place. it gives me a good reason of going back there soon. In a way, they have been part of my journey. It will be nice seeing them again and knowing how, despite the distance, friendship still remains.
I'm looking forward also in knowing how far they have gone through from the start of the re-organization of the parish youth. I wish that the Mt. Carmel Parish Youth Organization (MCPYO) will do better for the coming months having been reorganized last October. It was a heavy task then since we started at zero, though, all our efforts have been paid of. We did a good start and hopefully it will flourish until they can finally establish a strong youth organization.
Quite a few times i helped the St. Therese Choir introducing few new songs. Unfortunately, i'm not that good in reading the notes and so i have to rely only to what i have known about the music in my mind. I supposed i did taught them the right tune (hopefully). I can easily catch up with the songs with regards to its tune or melody but never on its technical aspects as to its musicality. I'll be planning to have a formal study soon, but for now, i still have to rely on myself studying notes vis-a-vis violin lessons, passion on music will drive me on this. But more on music, i was able to have a good bonding with them. i even almost cried during the time when we had my so called "dispedida" with them. I was good in diverting emotions that time. I'm gonna miss them. its fun to be with them.
One thing i enjoyed most is when i am in the company of the Carmel Youth. Not just because they part of the Carmel family that i felt so close to them but its more on their personality that embibes thier being a Carmelite that toucheed me so much. Sometimes i feel like they are more Carmelite than myself. I saw how they protected the CY from the negative feedbacks they get from other people, on how they give effort in making the CY alive as much as possible. I saw in them a group that is not anymore bounded only by bonding but they go beyond it - living out their way of life as a Carmelite. I hope these things will keep them alive. Though there were still individuals who only look for friendship and bonding but i am hopeful that they too can be transformed into a more mature individual in joining the Carmel Youth. This is not as easy as peeling a fruit and this has to be worked out but as long as they will start to realized this, i guess the line which says "once a Carmel youth... will always be a carmel youth." is true indeed. as for myself, i will always be one of the avid supporters of the carmel youth. i love them.
not all went that busy since i engaged in two different major activities the youth leader's assembly and an overnight activity, the Vocation jamboree with 700 participants, plus some other activities i had: recollections, seminars and even officiating the sacrament of baptism in the absence of the priests here. There are times when i caught myself alone and have nothing to do, this gave me time to think and to reflect for myself this time. After this integration i was thinking if what will be my next move? I remember what fr Harry had told me, "in doing things, it is not of how you gain, but it is more on how you give." he continue in saying, "that's service!" in my short stay in Escalante, i believe i was able to give my service to them. This experience helped me a lot in seeing things beyond what i used to think of, that is sometimes focused on what i will gain. My integration process directed me to look beyond the horizon. This i'm thankful to the community that accepted me there. Truly, a blood of a Carmelite is thicker than water. They never let me down. They are very supportive and at the same time, giving me independence in trying to do things in the best way i could possibly do. This gave me strength in walking the path ahead of me. People i've met have some way or another had helped me, unconsciously or consciously, in trying to realign myself to what is me. Paradox of life is always there, sadness-hapiness, light-darkness, death-birth, but we all have to remember that though these things are reality, it's being a cycle of ups and downs have given us always a room for improvement, in finding ourselves to what is still to be found and retaining thing that are essentials for improvements. a journey doesn't stop in one place, it has to go forward and never backward.
things will come and go, but it's never an ending story of coming anf going. i did came in esclante and surely will go back there. I will find my way back to place i 've been to and especially to people i lived with. After all, it is not the end of the journey that counts, but the entire journey itself.
-melskiens-



Comments

happy loner said…
Hi brod! cnxa now lng ko ka.comment..thanx kaau sa tanan brod, 4 all the memories, 4 all the songs u taught us..more than words, hehe! remember that? sa bon-bon brod. tc always! God blz! my time is up here nxt time na lng ko comment usab brod.
-melskiens- said…
salamat pud sa tanan... cge lang, mubalik jud ko diha...mingaw nako ninyo,hehe...Advance Merry Christmas...kitakits puhon,hehe

Popular posts from this blog

Blessed Pope John Paul II

WHY US LORD?: A Reflection On The Typhoon Yolanda Calamity.

A New Open Space