Alone at the Office...



I'm all alone right now at the office. My office mate wasn't around. I heard from her yesterday that she needs to be with her family for some urgent reason. I don't know if she got a permission to take a day of absent or just took it her way. I was scheduled to have a day shift (Manila time)for the 24/7 operation of our eBay account. The usual operations with some other departments will start at around 9PM Manila time which is 5AM US Pacific time. While writing this, it is already 4AM eastern time or 1AM Pacific time. No calls coming in since I clocked in and I'm just here sitting at my station browsing some online news reading some current events. By the way, I was 10 minutes late because i went to Tandang Sora with my friend, who is a priest, before heading to work. I was rushing to be on time but i failed. I guess I have to settle that concern later on and bear the consequences. Every minute and even seconds in this kind of job counts, that's the thing.

Anyways, I had with me my mug which i bought at SM during my first months in this job. Price tag is still sticking on it. It's a good mug for a price of 179.75 PhP. I just had my 15 minute break and went to pee and opened my FB account as well. There i saw my Bunso wrote something on her wall. She was talking about the unbearable feelings she had. I thought she was sick and so i asked her what happened. Later i noticed that this has nothing to do with some kind of a sickness but rather a kind of a feeling bursting inside. I guess this has something to do with relationship. Since i don't have much time to discuss it with her, i just told her to write what happened and send it to me so i could say something about the situation. I love my Bunso and i don't want to see her sad. I don't have a biological sister and so after i met her at Escalante during my assignment there, i became close to her immediately. She is already at her first year in high school. She is a promising student with beauty, intelligence and talent (playing chess - she even won in different tournaments in the province) to be proud of, not to mentioned her being a good person. I just hope she is fine and will be fine.

It's getting dark as i see it beyond the glass wall of the building. Our office is at the 10th floor and we occupy the whole floor. I can only see very few people from the different department adjacent to our stations at eBay. I can see manong guard few meters away from me at the main entrance to the stations. I can also see from my vantage point a maintenance personnel cleaning the pipes and the lights using a ladder. It's very quite and you can only hear the sound of the air condition. People will start coming in at the office at around 8 PM Manila time - 2 hours from now. I haven't taken my lunch break yet. People not working in a call center might wonder why lunch break at the early hours of the evening. It just that I'm on a different shift and my 1 hour break for me to eat falls between 5-7 PM Manila time. Now it's totally dark. Street lights are already on. Streets are starting to get busy because of the people going home from work, while I'm here in the middle of my shift. This will be the scenario for the next months to come unless changes occur along the way.

It's quite unusual seeing very few people in the office but i like it this way. I can have time to think and observe my life at the moment different from what i used to have. To some point, there comes a time where I long to go back to the quite place where in you can reflect and see your inner being. A place where in you only see the grass, the leaves, the trees and feel the air touching your being. There you can have time to talk to the person who loved you first and also listen to what He is telling you. I know that it will happened again but not this time. There are things that i need to settle first. Besides, I want to be sure of any decisions i am making especially if it will entails a lifetime commitment. This decision once have been made is not like a job where in you can just file a resignation and look for another one as you wish or you can just leave without a trace. It's not a race. After all, I'm not only answerable to my own decision but also to the people, like my office mates and Bunso, whom i will be promising to be of service, and especially to Him who initiated first this journey. And if indeed that will happened, there will be no turning back and i can own that decision with a happy face and a happy heart.

Health and Blessings!


-melskiens-

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Blessed Pope John Paul II

WHY US LORD?: A Reflection On The Typhoon Yolanda Calamity.

A New Open Space