My Application

January 14, 2009



______________________
______________________
______________________




Dear Fathers,

Health in the Lord and the Blessing of the Holy Spirit!

As you have known, I’m now in the stage where in I have to decide for a lifetime commitment in a religious life - to be Carmelite. I assume you are looking up to this in line with our hope in increasing our number and in producing good servants in ministering the people of God. I too, am looking for this considering the need of servants in our Church nowadays. This is very strong in me and I don’t want to compromise the people and especially to our Good Lord because it is to Him and to the people that I will make my solemn vow.

I have asked a year in order to address my personal concerns in line with my vocation, and I am happy with the process I am going through. I believe that formation is not time bounded that after you have graduated in your four-year theology. or after three years as simple professed, or even after finishing an intervention year, you have to take your final profession. Rather it is on how you become mature in making such big decisions and stand on that decision. As for me, I don’t want to disappoint the people, the Order and God in doing such. Making lifetime commitment will come first with the individual on how ready and mature he is.

For this, I would like to go on in my process and continue to deepen my desire to be mature and be ready for a lifetime commitment. With this, I will suspend my solemn profession of vows and take instead a renewal of vows. I see this as more reasonable as of the moment and I’m looking forward in taking my final profession of vows with full confident and maturity in the coming days to come in God’s grace.

May God give us guidance in all our endeavors in serving Him and His people as Carmelites.

In Carmel,



BRO. ROMMEL G. ESMERIA, O.CARM.

Comments

Anonymous said…
ahemmm...happy bday?! nganu mang bday paman ka?? aws!! hihhihih

Popular posts from this blog

Blessed Pope John Paul II

WHY US LORD?: A Reflection On The Typhoon Yolanda Calamity.

A New Open Space