My Personal Spirituality

The term spirituality is very broad and ancient. Even before the word spirituality came about, it was already expressed and seen in the very lives of the people. For this I would say that my own definition or description cannot embrace the totality of what spirituality is, for it can never be. However, I would say that my experience of spirituality is never far from what the ancient people have experienced.
Spirituality for me is experienced. This experience has something to do with my whole being. This is brought out from the consciousness gain from my relationship with people and creation that was geared towards the realization of a deeper reality that there is Someone higher than me that sustains my life and the whole of creation. It is on how you became whole and one with the creation of God, the people and the environment and even the cosmos. In our tradition as Christians, Jesus became the mediator between the God and the humanity. Jesus is the bond that links us to the Father. Christian spirituality is centered on the love of God who is Jesus. And this love, as what Jesus had shown to us, is towards the totality of the human person through our neighbors.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Blessed Pope John Paul II

WHY US LORD?: A Reflection On The Typhoon Yolanda Calamity.

A New Open Space