Life in Death

Death maybe understood as the end of life, a state in which the internal organs and the whole system of the body are not anymore functioning. The Passion of Christ showed how His body gone through the same process. In our observance of the Holy Week, we mourn of Christ's death. We feel guilty of what we have done that caused our Savior to die and not to see Him anymore. Indeed, we never saw Him but the promise He said that He would be with us until the end of time, brings new eyes for us to see Jesus again. To be able to do this, one has to see that wisdom of a Son of God hanging on the cross. His death was indeed a mystery but he left something for us to understand the whole thing - LOVE. Love is common by the time Jesus was born and until His death on the cross. This is a love of a Father for his children, a love of Jesus for all of us. There we can see how life is formed in each one of us when His body is suffering. While the body of Jesus is dying, a new strength in us is flowing, the blood of Jesus is giving us strength. There we can see how life is being formed while Jesus is cleansing our sins. Love is shared to us like a flower blossoms on a dead plant. There is life in death and he fulfilled that on the third day when He resurrected.

i guess all of us are afraid to die. Even Jesus himself felt troubled while he was praying at the garden of Gethsemani. Nevertheless, the will of His Father remained in his heart and prevailed. I for myself am afraid to die. I felt this fear more when my inner self confronts me, but nothing will happen in living my life if I stick on my fear. I will turn this fear into love, love for God and for my neighbors. In this way, I can be with Jesus in doing the will of the Father. I should accept that all of us will die and i will prepare for that day. Jesus, having died on the cross, taught me how to do it. One has to die in order to live. Jesus offered His life and in the same way, Jesus is asking me to die for myself in order to live. I will let the love of Jesus fill my heart in order to conquer and kill my fears, anxieties, doubts, dark nights, my sins and transform these in the form of fulfilling the will of the Father. I should know how to clean my heart. Prayer brings me closer to Him. In this way, God is revealing in me His own Being. In this way, Jesus is teaching me to embrace death and savor the life it brings to me. Now, that i will be going to another stage of formation, I feel happy that i was able to go along in confronting my inner self and lean on God for all my problems. It's good to die and be a new person. I thank Jesus for being with me all the time. He taught me the meaning of dying on the cross. I feel light celebrating the Easter season for Jesus gave me new life, what more, he taught me how to do it. Indeed, there is Life in Death.


This is a reflection i made during my Novitiate year last 2004. I saw this in my files. I though of posting it and made this as my Lenten reflection.


-melskiens-

Comments

Anonymous said…
naalala ko tuloy novitiate ko. hehe... there I learned that love of life and fear of death are two different things, and that we may be afraid of death, but that shouldn't prevent us from preparing for it.

happy easter!ΓΌ
-melskiens- said…
korek kapatid...hmmm.. may special announcement ako soon..

musta easter jan?
Anonymous said…
i always brag about how i am not scared of dying pero sa mga moments na naa na diay ka ana na time, perte man diay kulbaa oi hehehe... Happy Easter!

Popular posts from this blog

Blessed Pope John Paul II

WHY US LORD?: A Reflection On The Typhoon Yolanda Calamity.

A New Open Space