Let Me Love the Storyteller

long dark night has passed
sun is on its way up
birds are singing, chanting
welcomes a day beginning

from purple to yellow then white
shines in the blue sky
heat is rising
burning me from within

oh, fire that has long been died out
waiting, searching, wandering for torch
oh, there i feel, someone is standing
a child i see, in the memories i knew

where have you been?
I am looking for you, I asked
for how long you've been sleeping?
I'm just waiting here, the child replied

am i been this for so long?
dullness its on me like a vulture
pending changes i can't muster
shouting in a vacuum no one can hear

then let me hold you my dear
the child i ignored for years
let me know your stories
and let me love the storyteller.

-melskiens-

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Blessed Pope John Paul II

WHY US LORD?: A Reflection On The Typhoon Yolanda Calamity.

A New Open Space