immersion time...

my semestral break was a tiring one, i travelled a lot, i got sick (cough and runny nose), almost got fever, with all those classes we had... but somehow it was fulfilling. i was able to visit my home place and see my family, relatives and friends whom i miss so much. that was the consolation...

now it's time for the real world, by tomorrow i'll be heading to Bataan for my immersion program, i'll be staying there for another month, aside from the one month immersion i had in the same place last july. i'm excited but there are reservations on my part regarding what had happened during my previous visit there. i'm caught between two situations. there is this friend of mine in the area who was a rape victim. what i did was to console here and tried to show here that i'm there to support her and give her courage to go on...the thing was, people was so suspicious about the two of us. there were rumors that im having an affair with her...i can't just simply get mad with these people because my purspose of going there is to organize them and help them build a Basic Christian Community. i pity my friend because the situation is like raping her twice. the focus was with her, and this has nothing to do with me simply because "i'm seminarian." they said that they are only protecting me from temptation, so to speak...and i hate that branding of women as temptations of the seminarians/priests...i guess the problem here is how to explain to them the context, of what is the real score of the matter, to balance the situation. i can't blame anyone. i guess i have to exert the effort twice on how to handle such, after all, what i'm doing is for them.

from the lighter side, i like the place. people are so accomodating and very hospitable. what we did regarding the formation of BEC's are doing well. not to mention the beautiful sceneries one could emagine. i'm staying near the sea. every early morning i used to walk along the seashore and somehow able to reflect things about my life. i would say i'm still happy with this life, especially seeing people. these are people who inspire me and give me strength. this will be another opportunity for me to reflect and do my part in what i must do as a servant.
i'll be spending 4-hour travel time going to that place. i hope i can do my obligation to the people and able to do my ministry to them...God will guide me...

i'll be off for one month. inernet services are so difficult in that area...write you then by next month...for now, may God bless u all...take care and please pray for me... :-)

-melskiens-

Comments

MCC said…
oi, nasakit diay ka dong, take care of yourselves... ingon baya santa teresa, "kung mahal nimo imo kaugalingon, mahal nimo ang Ginoo" (after "self knowledge is God's knowledge") bitaw pahulay pud panagsa...

take care, love u...

fr. toto
MCC said…
hehehe, i lyk the video from E.G.A.I productions... lalo na ang buhay seminarista ay...

magsuklay.. magsuklay.. magsuklay..

at

maglakad.. maglakad.. maglakad..

LOL...

fr toto
MCC said…
dong,

nia'y nindot nga mga links nga ako gihimo para sa choir ug bahin sa school, i hope u will include these among ur links:

www.carmelchoir.blogspot.com
www.mtcarmelcollege.blogspot.com
www.ocarmphi.blogspot.com
www.mountcarmelcollege.blogspot.com

sali mo dong ha... ingatz...

fr toto
Weng said…
ayo ayo bang....

Popular posts from this blog

Blessed Pope John Paul II

WHY US LORD?: A Reflection On The Typhoon Yolanda Calamity.

A New Open Space